Snickerdoodle cookies are addicting. This recipe is easy to make and has no chilling required! This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman, so you know it tastes good. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a buttery cookie with cinnamon and sugar!Print
These soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies are addicting! If you love cinnamon and sugar, you will love these cookies.
- 1 c. softened unsalted butter (2 half cup sticks)
- 1 1/2 c. white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 c. all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream the white sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix all together.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cream of tarter, salt, and baking soda. Whisk together.
- Slowly, add in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula.
- In a separate small bowl, make the cinnamon sugar coating. Mix cinnamon and white sugar together. Set aside.
- Get your cookie trays ready. Place silicone baking sheets on the trays or line with parchment paper.
- Start by rolling dough into 1.5-2 tbsp balls. Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar coating, then place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake! I bake my cookies at 8-9 minutes. The cookies will look underbaked, but they are not! Keep hot cookies on the cookie try for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies
If you love these soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies, you’ll love my soft peanut butter cookies.