Chocolate chip cookies are one of my weaknesses. These salted chocolate cookies not only have melted chocolate chips, but they have flecks of sea salt.Print
Chocolate cookies are one of my weaknesses. These salted chocolate cookies not only have melted chocolate chips, but they have flecks of seal salt.
- 2 1/3 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet or 1/2 of each)
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and cocoa powder. Put aside.
- Melt 1 stick of unsalted butter and 1 c. semi-sweet chips (or any other chocolate). I use a glass container to melt the butter and chocolate chips. Stir every 25 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning! Transfer to a large bowl after cooling.
- Add the two eggs to the melted butter/chocolate. After the eggs are beaten in, add the vanilla extract, white and brown sugars.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients into the large bowl. Add a little at a time and mix with the hand mixer. Once the dough becomes thick you can finish mixing with by hand with a spatula.
- Add in the cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough out, about 2 tbsp. at a time, and place on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart. No need to press down on the cookie, just leave it in a ball shape.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on each of the cookies and very gently press it in the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the hot cookie sheet before putting on a cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Sodium: 80.4mg
- Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 18.7mg
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod.
If you love these cookies, try my thick and soft chocolate chip cookies.