This peanut butter cookie recipe will make any peanut butter lover happy! These cookies are so soft and chewy. My kids love making this cookie recipe all by themselves!Print
This peanut butter cookie recipe will make any peanut butter lover happy! These cookies are so soft and chewy.
- 1 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- (optional) 3 tbsp. granulated sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, brown and white sugar with a hand or stand up mixer.
- In the large bowl, add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Take the dry ingredients in the medium bowl and slowly add it to the large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, add the optional 3 tbsp. granulated sugar.
- Scoop the cookie dough, about 2 tbsp., into a ball, roll it in the granulated sugar, and place on the cookie sheet.
- With a fork, gently press down to make a pattern on the top of the cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before placing on a drying rack.
- Recipe can make up to 24 cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 24 cookies
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 11.2g
- Sodium: 90.4mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 17.9mg
Keywords: peanut butter cookies
Recipe adapted from Livewellbakeoften.com
I hope you love this peanut butter cookie recipe as much as we do! If you love these cookies, you’ll love my no bake peanut butter cookies.