When peaches are in season, we always make peach muffins! These muffins are soft and sweet. Even the pickiest eaters will inhale these muffins.Print
When peaches are in season, we always make peach muffins! These muffins are soft and sweet. Even the pickiest eaters will inhale these muffins.
- 6 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 c. buttermilk or sour cream
- 1 c. diced unpeeled peaches (3/4 c. in the batter, save remaining 1/4 c. to put on top before baking)
- 1 3/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- course sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. (set rack to the middle.)
- Lightly spray the top of the muffin tin with baking spray. (to help the muffin tops not stick to the pan.)
- Use paper/silicone muffin liners and line a muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the buttermilk/sour cream, vanilla, and egg.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients in the medium bowl in the large bowl of the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter and 3/4 cups of the diced peaches and mix.
- Spoon peach batter in the muffin tins. If you want big muffins, fill at least 3/4 full, almost to the top. If you want regular sized muffins, fill little over half full.
- Add remaining 1/4 c. peaches on top of all the muffins.
- Sprinkle some course sugar on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Test with a toothpick. If the batter comes out dry and clean, muffins are done.
- Let muffins cool on a wire rack. Muffins are good in a container for two days.
I have made this recipe with pureed peaches instead of chunks. The things we do for a picky eater! The muffins were sweet and a hit, however, I missed the chunks of peaches. If you want the muffins to taste like eating an actual peach, I would suggest leaving the peaches diced in the batter and add a few on top before baking.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Easy
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 10.6g
- Sodium: 93.4mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 35.8mg
Keywords: peach muffins
If you love this muffin recipe, you’ll love my strawberry crumble muffins.
Recipe adapted from Karen’s Kitchen Stories.