Peach crisp is a comfort summer dessert. These peaches are sweet and juicy and the top and bottom oat layers are sweet and buttery.Print
Peach crisp is a comfort summer dessert. These peaches are sweet and juicy and the top and bottom oat layers are sweet and buttery.
- 3 peeled, sliced peaches
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/3 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. unsalted melted butter, cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray/line a 8-9 inch square pan. If lining the pan, let a little extra parchment paper hang from the sides.
- Peel and slice 3 peaches into small chunks. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the lemon juice and almond extract in with the sliced peaches.
- Add the cornstarch to the peaches and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the melted butter with a rubber spatula and mix well.
- Pour 2/3 of the sugared oat mixture into the square baking pan.
- Add the peaches on top of the sugared oat mixture. Save the peach juice aside to drizzle on top of the bars.
- Spread the remaining sugared oat mixture on top of the peaches.
- Bake the peach crisp for 35-38 minutes, or until the top crust becomes golden brown.
- Let the peach crisp bars rest and cool on the counter for 1 hr.
STORING- These peach crisp bars stay up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator. They can last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 21.1g
- Sodium: 0.6mg
- Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Peach Crisp
Recipe adapted from Pastry and Beyond.
If you love peach desserts, you’ll love my peach cobbler.