Banana bread is a staple around here for breakfasts and snacks. You can add nuts and chocolate chips to bananas and it’s always going to be a winner!
- 1 c. white granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 c. mashed bananas (3 small, or 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 c. sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan or line with parchment paper.
- With an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Next, add the vanilla, sour cream, eggs, and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, add the salt, baking soda and flour and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. (If you are using nuts, add the nuts in here.)
- Pour batter into greased or parchment lined bread pan.
- Set the oven rack to the third level, and bake bread for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring bread out and cover lightly with aluminum foil to prevent the bread from getting too dark. Put the bread back in the oven, and bake for another 40 minutes.
- When timer goes off, test with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked. If it is, let it sit in the bread pan for 10 minutes. Then, take the bread out and let it cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition facts are based on one slice of banana bread.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 loaf, 10 slices
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 22.9g
- Sodium: 274.2mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 40.4g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 65.6mg
Keywords: easy banana bread recipe