The secret ingredient in these banana muffins are oats!
- 2 ripe bananas (smashed)
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 2/3 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/3 c. granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 silicone/paper liners.
- Smash two bananas in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add the milk, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and smashed bananas and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, flour, white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and mix.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together in the large bowl and mix well.
- Fill the 9 muffin liners with the muffin batter. They will be full, almost to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. (I did 20 minutes in my oven.)
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 11.4g
- Sodium: 80.6mg
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 20.9mg
Keywords: healthy banana muffins