Energy balls are the perfect solution for a quick snack. You can make this recipe in balls or shape them into a bar shape.
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 c. pitted dates
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. raw cashews
- Combine water, dates, peanut butter, and cashews in a food processor. Puree until it becomes a thick mixture. Add a little bit more water if necessary.
- For Balls- Remove mixture from the food processor with a rubber spatula and place in a medium sized bowl. Roll mixture into 2 tbsp sized balls and place in a container that will go in the fridge. This makes 12 of this size.
- For Bars- Remove mixture with a rubber spatula and place on a wooden cutting board or on some wax/parchment paper. Form date mixture into a square or rectangle shape. Use the rubber spatula to help form into this shape, or you can use a knife. Slice into squares depending how big of a bar you want. Place bars in a container that will go in the fridge. This mixture makes 9 thin, or 5 thick bars.
- Keep energy balls/bars in the fridge for best results.
- Dates stay fresh for up to 6 months in a sealed container in a fridge.
- This recipe usually makes enough for 1-2 people. If you need to make enough for several people, double/triple this recipe amount.
- Category: Snacks
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 8.7mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Energy Balls