These dark chocolate and coconut bars have everything I love in a treat! Most importantly, you can say it’s a healthy treat with the unsweetened coconut and dark chocolate.
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 sticks, 1 c. unsalted melted butter, cooled
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, 1 regular egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or if you use aluminum foil, spray/grease the foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Melt the two sticks of butter in a small bowl. Let the melted butter cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar and cooled melted butter. Mix well.
- In the same large bowl, add the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the large bowl of wet ingredients.
- Add in the coconut and dark chocolate chips. Mix all together.
- After that, spoon the batter in the greased 9×13 pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 33 minutes. Test the bars with a toothpick after 33 minutes.
- In conclusion, let the bars cool on a cooling rack. (if you can!)
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 25.6g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5mg
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 9.5mg
Keywords: dark chocolate and coconut bars