These cookies for breakfast are just what you need on a busy morning! These breakfast cookies are healthy and have no added sugar.
- 1/4 softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 c. no added sugar applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. ground flax seeds
- 1/2 c. shelled pistachios
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking pad or parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, maple syrup, and applesauce together in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, wheat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ground flax seeds.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the bowl of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Combine the pistachios and dried cherries and fold it all together
- Use a ice cream scoop or a 2 tbsp. measuring spoon, and scoop the cookie batter on the baking sheet. The cookies don’t spread while baking, so you can flatten the cookie dough with the palm of your hand and shape it into a circle shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes and place on a cooling rack when done.
- You can substitute the dried cherries with raisins or another dried chopped up fruit.
- If you don’t have pistachios, substitute it with another nut of your choice.
- Category: Healthy
- Method: Easy
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 95.7mg
- Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 9.7mg
Keywords: breakfast cookies, cookies for breakfast