These cinnamon banana bread muffins are the perfect muffin if you love a sweet crumb on top. These muffins don’t last 2 days in our house!
- 1/2 c. vegetable/canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 small bananas (around 2/3 c.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 2/3 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cinnamon and Sugar Topping:
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 11 paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegetable oil, eggs, and granulated sugar.
- Add the bananas and vanilla to the bowl, and mix well.
- Finally, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the batter in the muffin cups. The muffin cups will be 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins for 17-21 minutes. The tops of the muffins will be light brown.
- As the muffins are baking, melt 3 tbsp. unsalted butter in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar together for the topping.
- When the muffins are done baking, I let them cool for at least 5 minutes on a cooling rack. When they have cooled a little, you can then take a muffin to dip it in the melted butter followed by the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- You can eat them warm or room temperature. (I prefer them warm!)
If you prefer to have less sugar in these muffins, you can omit the topping.
- Category: Breakfast/Snacks
- Method: Easy
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 234.2mg
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30.5g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 42.1mg
Keywords: cinnamon banana bread muffins