When you are craving chocolate, but you still want to be healthy, these no sugar, chocolate pumpkin mini-muffins will cure that sweet tooth! You can make these into full size muffins, too.
When I first found this recipe, I must admit I was hesitant. I was so happy to be surprised how good it was! Days later, the muffins were still just as soft as the day I made them. I originally made this for my husband for a healthy treat.
If you want to make these into full muffins:
- Grease or line a full size muffin tray with 12 paper liners. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Use a toothpick to test if the muffin is baked all the way through. The toothpick should come out dry. This recipe should make 12 full sized muffins.
These muffins stay great in a fridge up to a week or in the freezer for up to two months.Print
When you are craving chocolate, but you still want to be healthy, these no sugar, chocolate pumpkin mini-muffins will cure that sweet tooth!
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 c. nut butter of your choice
- 1/2 c. of sweetener of your choice. (honey, maple syrup or both)
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- (optional) 1/2-3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Mix pumpkin puree, nut butter, and sweetener of choice all together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together cocoa powder and baking powder in a separate powder. *sometimes cocoa powder has clumps. You can push the cocoa powder through a fine strainer to remove the clumps.*
- Add dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
- Add batter to a greased mini-muffin tin and fill to the top.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Use a toothpick to test when they are done. (20-30 minutes for full size muffins.)
- Let muffins cool on a cooling rack.
- For mini-muffins, using a cooking spray to grease the tray instead of using mini-muffin liners. It makes it less messy and easier to take out.
- If you make these into full size muffins, you can use liners. This will make 12 full size muffins.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 24-36 mini-muffins
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 12.1mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chocolate pumpkin muffins
This recipe is adapted from Arman from The Big Man’s World.
If you love this recipe, you’ll love my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.