These chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, are soft, fudgy, and melt in your mouth. If you love chocolate, these cookies are for you!
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3/4 c. white chocolate chips
- In a stand up or hand mixer, cream the butter and white and dark sugars together. Next, add the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and flour together.
- Start by adding the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. The dough will become very thick. Finally, add the milk followed by the white chocolate chips.
- Use a rubber spatula to spoon out the batter and put in a bowl meant to go in the fridge. Cookie batter needs at least 3 hours or overnight in the fridge to chill. (this step cannot be ignored.)
- After 3 hours, or overnight, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get two cookie sheets out with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper on it.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge. Roll into balls, around 2 tbsp in size, and place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave cookies hot on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.