I have to be honest. I’m not a chocoholic. I love chocolate treats, but I don’t really crave chocolate. That is, until I made these chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. Hands down, I can’t say no to these cookies.
Every cookie is super soft and fudgy. Days after I make this recipe, they are still just as soft. I usually warm them up for 15 seconds in the microwave the day after I make them, and they taste like I made them that same day. The hardest part of this recipe is letting the batter firm up in the fridge for a few hours.
Steps on combining the ingredients
-Mix room temperature butter, white and brown sugar together into one bowl with a stand up or hand mixer. Add in the beaten egg and vanilla afterwards.
-Grab another bowl and mix the dry ingredients together. (flour, salt, baking soda, unsweetened cocoa powder.)
-Slowly, add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients with the stand up or hand mixer. Add the milk at the very end.
-Finally, add the 3/4 c. of white chocolate chips. The batter will very thick.
After 3 hours, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the cookie dough out and roll into balls. The amount of cookies you get depends how big you roll the cookie dough. I roll mine around 2 tbsp.Print
These chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, are soft, fudgy, and melt in your mouth. If you love chocolate, these cookies are for you!
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3/4 c. white chocolate chips
- In a stand up or hand mixer, cream the butter and white and dark sugars together. Next, add the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and flour together.
- Start by adding the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. The dough will become very thick. Finally, add the milk followed by the white chocolate chips.
- Use a rubber spatula to spoon out the batter and put in a bowl meant to go in the fridge. Cookie batter needs at least 3 hours or overnight in the fridge to chill. (this step cannot be ignored.)
- After 3 hours, or overnight, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get two cookie sheets out with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper on it.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge. Roll into balls, around 2 tbsp in size, and place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave cookies hot on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
If you love this recipe, you’ll love my salted chocolate cookies.