Have you met anyone that doesn’t love a good homemade chocolate chip cookie? Chocolate chip cookies seem to make everyone happy. This chocolate chip cookies recipe is perfect if you love thick, soft, buttery cookies with lots of chocolate chips.
Helpful Tricks For the Chocolate Chip Cookies:
There are a few tricks that helps takes these cookies to a different level.
- Use room temperature unsalted butter (no need to have extra salt in the recipe)
- Cornstarch helps thicken and “lifts” up the cookie (without this, the cookies won’t be as thick)
- CHILLING the dough is mandatory
This chocolate chip cookies recipe is perfect if you love thick, soft, buttery cookies with lots of chocolate chips. This recipe is always a crowd pleaser!
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) of room temperature unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 c. white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose, unbleached, flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips (1 c. if you prefer lots of chocolate)
- With a hand mixer or stand up mixer, beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl until creamy. Afterwards, add the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. The dough will get pretty thick. I usually stop using the hand mixer and just mix it with a spatula at this point.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Cover tightly and chill for at least an hr and up to two days.
- When your ready to bake, set the oven to 350 and bring out the dough to get to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- The dough will be slightly crumbly, but will firm back up when you roll the dough into balls. (about 1.5 TBSP size.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until a little golden brown on the edges. The cookies will look very soft when you first take them out. Do not remove them once they come out of the hot oven. Let them sit for 5 minutes before transferring unto a cooling rack.
Dough can be chilled for one hour and up to one whole day in the fridge. When your ready to use the chilled dough, let it sit out on the counter for 10 minutes before rolling it out.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 106.8mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies recipe
This recipe is from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
If you love this recipe, you’ll love my salted chocolate cookies.