Recipe adapted from Just so Tasty.
- 2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. light/dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- (optional) 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or 1/2 c. chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl. Let it slightly cool. (we don’t want hot butter mixed in with the eggs.)
- In a large bowl, mash the 3 bananas. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix the sugars, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
- Add the wet ingredients in with the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. (if you wanted chocolate chips or nuts, this would be the time to add them.)
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Set temperature to 375 degrees and cook for another 15 minutes. When testing with a toothpick to make sure its done, the toothpick should come out clean. If it looks “wet” bake for another 1-2 minutes then test again.
- This made 16 full sized muffins for me.