Recipe adapted from The Diary of a Real Housewife.
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted, and cooled slightly)
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 3/4 unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips (if you like a lot of chocolate, make it 3/4 c.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper lines or spray pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Let it cool slightly. (we don’t want hot butter mixed with the eggs.)
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in the medium bowl in with the wet ingredients in the large bowl. Mix by hand with a spatula.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the muffin batter in the cupcake liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean after baking time.
- Let muffins cool on a cooling rack.