Recipe adapted from Livewellbakeoften.com
- 1 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- (optional) 3 tbsp. granulated sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, brown and white sugar with a hand or stand up mixer.
- In the large bowl, add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Take the dry ingredients in the medium bowl and slowly add it to the large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, add the optional 3 tbsp. granulated sugar.
- Scoop the cookie dough, about 2 tbsp., into a ball, roll it in the granulated sugar, and place on the cookie sheet.
- With a fork, gently press down to make a pattern on the top of the cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before placing on a drying rack.
- Recipe can make up to 24 cookies.