Recipe adapted from The TrophyWife Style.
My son has been telling me this week he needed more food in his lunch. I thought I was doing a good job keeping him full and happy, but it looked like I needed to step it up a notch.
The first thing I thought to make was something with oats. I noticed I had some ripe bananas on hand, so I quickly went on Pinterest and looked for banana oat muffins. This was one of the first recipes that popped up. It didn’t take long to make, and they came out great! Our kitchen smelled amazing!
- 2 ripe bananas (smashed)
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 2/3 c. all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/3 c. granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 silicone/paper liners.
- In a small bowl, add and smash the two bananas.
- In a medium bowl, add the milk, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and smashed bananas and mix well.
- In a separate medium/large bowl, add the oats, flour, white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and mix.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Fill the 9 muffin liners with the muffin batter. They will be full, almost to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. (I did 20 minutes in my oven.)