Recipe adapted from I Heart Naptime.
I’ve always had great success with Jamielyn’s savory and sweet recipes. What stood out to me with this recipe, was how she used quick oats instead of old fashioned for these no bake cookies. I couldn’t believe how much softer the recipe was with these type of oats!
- On the stove top on medium heat, melt the butter, milk and sugar together. Let it bubble for 2 minutes before removing from heat.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla in the hot pan and stir.
- Add the quick oats to a mixing bowl.
- Add the hot mixture in with the dry quick oats.
- On two cookie sheets with silicone mats/parchment paper, scoop the hot cookie mixture. I used a 2 TBSP measuring spoon.
- Cool cookies in the fridge for at least 30-60 minutes.
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 c. quick oats
- Get out two cookie sheets and lay silicone mats or parchment paper on it.
- Make sure you have room to fit your cookie sheet in the fridge to chill.
- Pour the quick oats in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- On medium heat on the stove top, melt the butter, sugar and milk. Let it boil for two minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla in quickly to the heated pan.
- Add the heated mixture in to the bowl of quick oats and stir together.
- Scoop cookie mixture on the cookie sheet one at a time.
- Chill cookies on the cookie sheet in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.