Recipe adapted from Weelicious.
- This recipe for me made 8, not 32 energy bites as listed on the original recipe. Double the recipe if you want more than 8.
- The original recipe said to roll the energy bites in coconut for the last step. Next time I make this, I will combining the coconut with the dates and nuts in the food processor. I find the coconut will stick better if it’s mixed in the beginning.
- 20 pitted dates
- 1/2 c. your choice of nuts (I used cashews in this recipe_
- 1/3 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- Add the coconut, dates, and nuts of choice in the food processor and blend until you don’t see any chunks of nuts. (In the pictures shown, the coconut was added last. Adding the coconut to the food processor in the beginning works better.)
- The mixture will be very thick. Put in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring out of the fridge and roll the mixture into balls.