Recipe adapted From Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
This recipe has everything I love in a treat. Chocolate, coconut, and lots of butter! Though, if your thinking you need something more healthy, you can justify this treat by saying the chips are actually dark chocolate and the coconut is unsweetened. See how easy that was?
-Get a 9×13 pan out and line with parchment or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray before putting any batter in. Set the oven for 350 degrees.
In a small/medium bowl, add the unbleached flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
In a larger bowl, add the brown sugar and melted butter.
Next, add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. (I had to use a separate bowl because my first bowl with the melted butter and sugar was too small. Start off with a large bowl.)
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
Once all combined, add the dark chocolate chips and the unsweetened coconut.
Firmly press the Blondie mixture down unto the pan. I usually just scoop scoopfuls of the batter into corners of the pan and use a rubber spatula to press it down.
Bake for 33 minutes. Let it cool completely before cutting down into it.
These Blondie’s have a slight crispy edge, while the rest is soft and chewy.
Sometimes you can’t wait until it cools completely, and put up with melted chocolate all over your fingers.
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted melted butter, cooled
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or if you use aluminum foil, spray/grease the foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, and let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar and cooled melted butter. Mix well.
- In the same large bowl, add the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the large bowl of wet ingredients.
- Add in the coconut and dark chocolate chips. Mix all together.
- Spoon the batter in the greased 9×13 pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 33 minutes. Test the Blondie with a toothpick after 33 minutes.
- Let the Blondie’s completely cool, before cutting into them. (if you can!)