This recipe is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
These brownies are the cure for any chocoholic! If you like more of a fudgy brownie, than these are for you!
-First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
-Melt the 1/2 c. of unsalted butter (1 stick) and 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate together in a microwaveable container. You can use a chocolate bar or chocolate chips for the 8 oz of chocolate. Microwave for about 25 seconds at a time until the butter is melted. Let the melted chocolate and butter cool for about 10 minutes. (This is important before you add in the egg.)
*If you microwave the butter and chocolate too long without stirring, you may burn the chocolate. Only do 25 seconds at a time.*
In a separate bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs.
-Add the white and brown sugar to the melted chocolate and butter.
-Mix in the eggs to the cooled chocolate mixture.
-Add the 1 tsp of vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
Add in the 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips to the brownie batter.
-Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, grease it first.
-Pour the brownie batter in the pan.
-Bake for 36 minutes.
While the brownies are baking, you can start on the frosting.
-Add all the ingredients into one bowl. (powdered sugar, butter, salt, cocoa powder, and milk/cream.)
Let the brownies completely cool before adding the frosting. You might not think this frosting will be enough, but it can cover the whole brownie. The brownies are so rich, a thin layer of frosting is all you need. However, if you like a lot of frosting on a brownie, you can double the frosting recipe.
Ingredients for Brownie-
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) unsalted butter
- 8 oz’s semi-sweet chocolate (chocolate chips or a chopped up chocolate bar)
- 1/4 c. dark/light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting-
(This frosting makes a thin layer. If you want a thick layer of frosting, double the recipe.)
- 2 tbsp salted or unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tbsp milk/cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (use the third rack in the oven to bake.) Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- Melt 1 stick (1/2 c.) unsalted butter and 8 oz’s chocolate in a microwaveable container for 25 seconds at a time until the butter and chocolate is all melted. (Stir every 25 seconds so the mixture does not burn.) Let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the melted chocolate and butter, and the white and brown sugars. Mix well. Then add the vanilla.
- Mix the 3 eggs in a separate bowl, then add the eggs to the large bowl of the brownie batter.
- In another bowl, add the cocoa powder, salt, and flour. (Sometimes the cocoa powder has lumps. You can use a sifter to put the cocoa through first.)
- Add the dry ingredients in with the wet brownie batter and mix well.
- Add the 3/4 c. chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan and bake for 36 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, start by making the frosting. In a clean bowl, add the soft butter, powdered sugar, salt, milk/cream, unsweetened cocoa and vanilla.
- When the brownies are done baking, make sure they cool completely before putting on the frosting. (or the frosting will melt off.)