Recipe adapted from Six Sisters Stuff.
I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like Snickerdoodle cookies. With two sticks of butter in the recipe, who wouldn’t! This recipe is no exception. This is another way to make that delicious recipe, but in a bar form.
First, cream the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand mixer.
Add the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. The batter will be thick. You’ll have to stop using the hand mixer and finish mixing it with a rubber spatula.
Spread the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. The mixture will be thick. I spooned it in the pan, then finished spreading it down with a rubber spatula.
Make the cinnamon sugar mixture in a separate bowl.
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the bars.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Make sure not to over cook it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 c. (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 2/3 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a hand mixer, combine eggs, vanilla, sugar and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking powder and flour.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The mixture will get thick. You’ll have to finish mixing with a rubber spatula.
- In a greased 9 x 13 pan, spoon the mixture into the pan. Since the batter will be thick, you’ll have to flatten it out with the rubber spatula.
- Mix the cinnamon topping in a separate small bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. (Make sure not to over bake.)