Recipe adapted from Ali of Gimme Some Oven.
I must admit, I did not eat a no bake cookie until I got married. I honestly had no idea what a no baked cookie was! I can now understand why people love this cookie. A combination of chocolate and peanut butter that requires no baking is a win win!
After you have melted the butter in the saucepan, you add the cocoa powder, sugar, and milk. Once that is all melted, you add the vanilla and peanut butter. You then pour the hot mixture in a bowl with the oats and mix.
There’s no exact measurement on how big or small you want these cookies. I used my 2 TBSP measuring spoon to scoop up the mixture. You can use any spoon you like. I put it straight on my silicone baking sheets and let it set up.
I realized afterwards I could of made it look “neater” if I smoothed the edges to make it more of a circular cookie shape. Either way, they tasted delicious!
Servings: 24- 30 cookies
Prep/cook time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: NONE
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) salted butter
- 2 c. granulated white sugar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. creamy butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c. old fashioned oats
- Pour oats in a mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa with the butter.
- Add in the milk slowly.
- Mixture should be boiling. Cook for another two minutes then take off heat.
- Add in the vanilla and peanut butter.
- Pour hot mixture into the bowl with the oats.
- Scoop out mixture and put on a silicone sheet or parchment paper.
- Let cookies firm and harden up.