This recipe is adapted from the Weelicious food blog.
On school mornings, muffins are always a hit for a quick bite to eat on the run. Since most schools don’t allow snacks with nuts, this is also a great snack idea. This recipe has apples, bananas, oats, and no added sugar.
Course: Breakfast, snacks, muffins
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Healthy Apple Banana Muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 medium apple (peeled and cut small or grated)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. honey
- 3 TBSP vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats (I blend mine up because one of my children prefers it that way.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Add muffin liners to a muffin tin, or grease it, and fill it up 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.